Vegan ✔️Kid Approved ✔️Husband Approved ✔️
This vegan mac and cheese is so good that your family will be requesting it on repeat. It's equal parts easy and delicious, made in 10 minutes, we apologize in advance for making this your new favourite dish.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in boiling water for 5 min)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard (dijon or yellow)
- 16 ounces brown rice elbow or shell pasta
- freshly ground black pepper
- paprika , for garnish
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the cashews if you soaked them. (This makes them easier to blend.)
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the
cashews, lemon juice, water, salt, nutritional yeast, chili powder, garlic, turmeric, cayenne (if using), and mustard in a high speed blender and blend until silky smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 2-4 more tablespoons of water and blend again.
- Once the pasta is tender, drain and rinse it, then return the pasta to the pot and stir in the cheese sauce.
Season to taste and serve warm!